Powertrain Calibration Engineer
Job title: Senior Powertrain Calibration Engineer
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Brentwood, Essex
Categories: Research and Development, Quality
A career at CMB.TECH means joining one of the world's first developers and integrators of hydrogen solutions, focusing on engineering, hydrogen infrastructure, industrial, on-road, off-road, and marine applications.
This position works as part of a Research and Development team developing engine control system, calibration, software and hardware, including state-of-the-art hydrogen mono-fuel and dual-fuel engines to meet the Customer and the Legislative requirements for engine performance, emissions, and efficiency.
What you’ll need
To deliver the quality requirements of the department in a correct, efficient and timely manner that includes:
- Being responsible for allocated development tasks.
- Providing Engineering Reports, which will include program status activity reports covering both technical deliverables and business performance.
- Maintaining proficiency in recording and analysing test data using current analytical and product development IT tools relevant to engine software and control systems.
- Developing and applying test control and measurement systems for calibration, engine emissions testing, after treatment systems durability testing, their regeneration and emissions reduction performance
- Researching alternatives, and implementing solutions to measure and meet customer-driven calibration and development objectives.
- Controlling systems with data and sensor validation, pattern recognition, fault classification and multivariable control applications.
- Participating in root cause failure analysis during the development process. Find and recommend practical solutions for specific failure modes as related to calibration parameters, or calibration related engine and emissions systems performance.
- Ensuring adherence to all Health & Safety and Quality & Environmental policies that affect current/relevant work areas
Qualification and Experience
- B.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering or other related degree required.
- Minimum 2 years of Test, Development, Calibration or Systems Engineering experience.
- Must be methodical, self-starting and willing to travel.
- Knowledge of Quality tools and techniques
- Experienced problem solver
- Ability to self-manage and work under pressure to deliver in an ever-changing and dynamic environment.
- Skills in reliability and robustness engineering
Please send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Reference: Senior Powertrain Calibration Engineer
Please note: We reserve the right to close the vacancy to applications at any time should we receive sufficient applications.
Advertised: 21 May 2021