Electrical and Automation Controls Engineer
Job title: Electrical and Automation Control Engineer
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Brentwood, Essex
Categories: Development,Manufacturing, Engineering, Testing, Quality
A career at CMB.TECH means joining one of the world's first developers and integrators of hydrogen solutions with the focus on engineering, hydrogen infrastructure, industrial, on-road, off-road and marine applications.
To operate as a key member of the Engineering team developing and integrating components, hardware and control systems to meet Customer and Legislative requirements for engine performance, emissions, and efficiency. You will be working with a team of mechanical engineers, design engineers and technicians; design and development software, communication networks, and production of detailed high-quality documentation.
What you’ll need
The ideal candidate will have previously worked within the design and engineering industry and have previous experience in the design of electrical control and automation systems.
A good understanding of modern PLC control is essential.
Working as part of the Electrical Controls team, your key responsibilities are
- Support the electrical design engineering team, delivering timely and accurate electrical design and software solutions, including documentation
- Participate in design reviews
- Provide technical support to the production teams
- Participate in ad hoc design office tasks
- Identify lessons learned to help develop both within the team and the team as a whole, such that we continuously improve the reliability and utility of new electrical designs
Qualification and Experience
Electrical or automation engineering degree or equivalent
- PLC: PLC next Engineer / Codesys 2.3 / 3.5
- Control Networks: (CAN, J1939, MODBUS RTU, MODBUS TCP/IP, Profinet)
- Write PLC and HMI code object-oriented, documented, and easy to maintain
- Familiar with the IEC 61131-3 (LD, FB, ST, and SFC)
- Software validation and simulation
- Creation of Software Design Specifications (SDS)
- Creation of Functional Design Specifications (FDS)
- Setup and commissioning of drives and associated systems & software interfaces
- Write PLC and HMI code from scratch for manual & automatic machines
- Circuit design and specifications, as well as the creation of BOM's
- Project administration planning skills
- Be able to produce Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT) and accompanying testing documentation
- Approval of wiring diagrams and control panels
- Experienced working (and fault finding) in electrical panels.
- Hazardous Area Knowledge of ATEX/IECEX (Preferred)
- Understanding of common production processes relating to marine electrical and electronic systems
Please send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Reference: Controls Engineer
Please note: We reserve the right to close the vacancy to applications at any time should we receive sufficient applications.
Advertised: 17th May 2021