Dyno Support Technician
A career at CMB.TECH means joining one of the world's first developers and integrators of hydrogen solutions, focusing on engineering, hydrogen infrastructure, industrial, on-road, off-road, and marine applications. CMB.TECH is the cleantech division of CMB - Company Maritime Belge.
CMB.TECH’S engineering facility is located in Brentwood, Essex, housing engineering teams, dyno test facilities and workshops, including all support activities. A team of skilled engineers works on the latest and future technologies for automotive, industrial and marine applications.
To strengthen our team, we are looking for a Dyno Support Technician.
Work type: Full time - Permanent
Roles and responsibilities
- Support the installation and removal of engines from the dyno test cells.
- Assist in the design and build frames for engine mounting and interface to dyno.
- Fabricate items such as jigs, brackets, flanges and so on for various engine ancillaries such as heat exchanger, manifolds, exhaust pipe, aftertreatment etc.
- Adapt pipework, tubing and gaseous control devices (eg. regulators, relief valves etc.) for varying hydrogen experiments.
- Must be able to read from a P&ID (pressure and instrumentation) diagram and have basic wiring skills.
- Adapt to a busy work environment with frequent changes of direction.
- Work to the highest standards of cleanliness and safety – these are critical for hydrogen systems.
- Participate in root cause failure analysis during the development process.
- Develop work instructions or manuals for various operations and procedures as required.
- Ensure adherence to all Health & Safety and Quality & Environmental policies that affect the relevant work areas.
- Experience as a fitter, fabricator, tool maker or other hands-on practical engineering discipline.
- Experience in engine test, development or similar functions.
- Must be methodical, self-starting and willing to travel.
- Experience of hydrogen systems is an advantage but not required as full training will be provided.
- Experience as mechanic, Engine technician or other related field is desirable.
- Knowledge of pressurised gas systems, tubing, valves etc. is an advantage.
- Knowledge of Quality tools and techniques.
- Experienced problem solver.
- Ability to self-manage and work under pressure to deliver in an ever-changing and dynamic environment.
What we offer
We offer a competitive salary and benefits according to your experience and competences.
If you’d like to be part of a committed team assuming responsibility from the onset, you can apply at firstname.lastname@example.org.