Junior Data scientist/analyst
A career at CMB.TECH means joining one of the world's first developers and integrators of hydrogen solutions, focusing on engineering, hydrogen infrastructure, industrial, on-road, off-road, and marine applications. CMB.TECH is the cleantech division of CMB - Company Maritime Belge.
CMB.TECH’S engineering facility is located in Brentwood, Essex, housing engineering teams, dyno test facilities and workshops, including all support activities. A team of skilled engineers works on the latest and future technologies for automotive, industrial and marine applications.
To strengthen our team, we are looking for a Junior Data scientist/analyst.
Work type: Full time - Permanent
Roles and responsibilities
- Support the Research and Development team with data processing, analytics and reporting.
- Make use of a range of tools such as python, powershell, matlab and SQL to deliver engine and vehicle analysis.
- Build a data lake based on field data from multiple sources and aggregate these to support various functions within the business such as marketing, sales, engineering and design.
- Develop and maintain automated scripts for on the fly processing of data and manage systems interactions with infrastructure servers such as Azure, AD, Samba, etc.
- Be inquisitive and proactive when performing analysis, propose and test novel algorithms.
- Work with the systems and ECU development teams to integrate seamlessly with cascade controllers, HMI and Simulink models across the data ecosystem.
- Develop robust big data practices using distributed file systems and cloud based technologies.
- Ensure adherence to all Health & Safety and Quality & Environmental policies that affect the relevant work areas.
- Able to communicate results and underlying mathematical models to a range of audiences through reports, presentations etc.
- B.Sc. in engineering, computing or software.
- The ideal candidate would have 1-2 years experience in matlab with a keen interest and aptitude for mechanical systems.
- The new Junior Data scientist/analist must be methodical, self-starting and able to work with a hierarchy of objectives.
- Knowledge of Quality tools and techniques
- Experience with other software platforms/languages such as python, C#, T-SQL is an advantage.
- Ability to self-manage and work under pressure to deliver in an ever-changing and dynamic environment.
What we offer
We offer a competitive salary and benefits according to your experience and competences.
If you’d like to be part of a committed team assuming responsibility from the onset, you can apply at firstname.lastname@example.org.