Senior Legal Counsel
A career at CMB.TECH means joining one of the world's first developers and integrators of hydrogen solutions with the focus on engineering, hydrogen infrastructure, industrial, on-road, off-road and marine applications. CMB.TECH is the cleantech division of CMB - Company Maritime Belge.
We currently have a job opening for a Senior Legal Counsel for CMB.TECH.
You will join the current legal team of 10 whose key responsibility is to provide legal advice to the other departments and companies within the CMB Group. You will work specifically on all CMB.TECH projects such as dual fuel trucks, H₂ infrastructure, dual fuel port equipment, ...
Job title: Senior Legal Counsel
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Antwerp, Belgium
What are we looking for?
- Expertise in drafting and negotiating complex commercial contracts with OEMs (Original Equipment Manufacturers) and able to apply this in the unique setting of green & clean tech, i.e. research & development, production and application of renewable energy in the transport industry and beyond;
- Providing solution oriented legal advice on all matters in scope to enable proper monitoring, management and mitigation of the legal risks worldwide;
- Handling of disputes and follow up on complex litigation files in concert with our lawyers in Belgium and overseas;
- Act as a true business partner for the CMB.TECH department;
- Occasional travel is part of the job.
What do you bring?
- You hold a Master’s degree in Law;
- You have at least 10 years of experience as an in-house lawyer. A sufficient knowledge of intellectual property law and technology is a must in the context of CMB.TECH. Knowledge of corporate law including M&A is also relevant;
- You have excellent contract reviewing and drafting skills;
- You are able to think strategically together with the business;
- You have strong communication skills (able to translate complex legal matters into comprehensible language for non-lawyers);
- You are dynamic, pro-active and solution oriented;
- You are flexible and pragmatic and dispose of a stress resistant personality;
- You have an excellent knowledge of Dutch and English (spoken and written).
- You will end up in an international environment with headquarters in Antwerp.
- We offer you an exciting and challenging position within a stable and ambitious company with a family corporate culture.
- A very nice group atmosphere where there is room to play ping pong or a game of table football.
- We provide a standard package common to the industry, adjusted to Belgian standards.
Would you like to contribute to this innovative story?
Please send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Reference: Senior Legal Counsel
Advertised: January 30th, 2023