Why does CMB.TECH uses internal combustion engines?
The advantages of internal combustion engines:
- Combustion engines are robust, reliable and have a long operational track record.
- You obtain an optimized balance of maximized emission savings while ensuring that the extra required CAPEX is minimal.
- ICE mono fuel engines reduce greenhouse gas emissions to zero, ICE dual fuel engines reduce emissions by 60 to 90% depending on the load and the engine type.
- Large marine and industrial applications can be converted to H2ICE today.
- Additional training is only needed for the hydrogen storage system, as the combustion engine remains the same. No high voltage training is needed.