5 reasons why CMB.TECH uses dual fuel engines
Discover the different reasons why we use dual fuel engines.
... CMB.TECH uses dual fuel engines
- It's a cost-effective and robust solution for emission reduction without compromising the operational performance.
- The transition can start today, even without a full coverage of a reliable hydrogen infrastructure.
- Should any safety device be triggered, the full hydrogen system shuts down instantly and the machine continues automatically on diesel.
- At the flick of a switch, operators can tune the achieved emission reduction towards their customer's needs.
- It is a scalable technology as the engines can be produced with a large power output and without the need for rare earth materials.
Discover our dual fuel genset!
Port of Antwerp-Bruges and CMB.TECH will soon welcome the Hydrotug, the first hydrogen-powered tugboat. The Hydrotug consists of two BeHydro V12 dual fuel medium speed engines that can run on hydrogen and traditional fuel. This ground-breaking development will be used by Port of Antwerp-Bruges as an important step in the transition to a sustainable, climate neutral port by 2050 and will be operational in the first quarter of 2023.
On Tuesday, 10 May 2022, Windcat Workboats and CMB.TECH announced that the first hydrogen-powered CTV is ready for immediate operation after successful completion of trials and bunkering. This ground-breaking development for both the marine and offshore wind industries is the first CTV that uses clean fuels to reduce up to 80% of its traditional fuel usage and associated emissions. The Hydrocat 48 is a further green development, introducing clean fuel technology on the already very fuel efficient and high performing Windcat MK 3.5 design.
At the World Hydrogen Summit in Rotterdam today, BEH2YDRO is launching its 100% hydrogen engines for heavy-duty applications. These innovative, zero emission engines are ready to use and will allow the industry to further engage in 100% sustainable and environmentally friendly development. BEH2YDRO is a joint venture between ABC and CMB.TECH.